If you do your workout on a treadmill, you would not probably have any need for water bottles for runners. However, if you conduct your exercise routine outside, for some distance, water bottles for runners would be an exigent running accessory you need to equipped yourself. It is crucial that you stay hydrated all the time. These water bottles are design to be handy and need not be handheld to free your hands when running.
Features of the best water bottles
The best water bottles for runners should be design in such shapes that would be easy to carry while you are running. It should have shapes that will not allow spill or too much bouncing against your body while running. It should also be design in such a way that it is easy to handle it even if your hands are sweaty or clammy. These bottles should be handy and easy to carry around with you on your runs.
Pros and cons of bringing your own drink
Why bother yourself with water bottles during your run when you can just stop for a drink on the way? Well, there are myriad of reasons why you should bring your own water while on a run and there are downsides to it too.
- Runners like you would tend to crowd at the re-filling station. If you carry your own bottle, you do not have to line up for your turn at these stations. Unless you need to re-fill, you can just breeze through this line or crowd. Most water bottles for runners have handy designs, which enable easy handling by runners.
- You can drink whenever you feel thirsty and not wait for the water stops to do so.
- You can have your own choice of your own sports drink and not rely on what the water stops have to offer.
- If you are bringing food on the run, it is nice to have water at hand and not depend on the water stops for the scheduling of your energizing munch.
- If you were not use to water stops, it would be nice to carry your own bottle rather than get yourself drench with water.
- Carrying a bottle or hydration belt can slow you down. Your arms can get tired from holding the bottle or the water belt can weigh you down in your run.
- Re-filling your water bottle can take time, especially if there are also many runners lining up to have their fill. You can do away with this chore if you just rely on water stations.
- You can get cold fluid from these water stations than from your water bottles. You may have filled your water bottles with cold water but it could get warm quickly, much more quickly than you would like it to be. Water bottles for runners could also be cumbersome to carry, no matter what its manufacturers claim it to be. The preference for water bottles depends on the personal preference of the runner.
The best picks in water bottles
1. Run Aid Feed Sports Water Bottle – this is a very handy water bottle which is perfect for long distance runner. Its unique design takes the hassle out of drinking while running.
2. Hydrapak Gel Bot Running bottle – this comes either with a strapless or with strap contraption that can carry 20 to 14 ounces of water. If you want to drink liquids, you can open the nozzle and drink up. For the gel, the nozzle should be close and you just have to squeeze the bottle to move the gel out and into your mouth.
3. Camelbak quick grip hydration pack – with its rotating water lever that opens and closes the nozzle, it is a good partner for short distance running. It can carry 21 ounces of water as well containers for other personal accessories like IDs and keys.
4. Nathan Sprint Handheld bottle carrier – Its one-way valve provides no spills. It is very handy for short distance runners with its 10 ounces capacity. Water bottles for runners like this are highly recommended for running short distance.
5. Ultimate Direction FastDraw Extreme – You can guarantee a cool drink despite the heat with this water bottle, for the neoprene insulation always ensures to keep it cool. Its zippered compartment is good for storing small personnel items.
6. Amphipod handheld thermal lite – This is one of those water bottles, which you can opt to have either cold or warm water. The insulation that surrounds the bottle provides you with very warm or cold water, whichever you prefer. The pack could also hold personal items during the run.
7. CamelBak Delaney plus 2012 – with its 5-ounce capacity, this is good company for an hour long run. These water bottles for runners can also hold other personal essentials.