People who love to workout may have taken for granted the footwear they use during training. Nonetheless, experts know how crucial shoes are in such endeavor. Minimalist shoes for weightlifting should be the choice, if you work out regularly. To be help you attain proper form and execute appropriate techniques, you should wear neutral shoes that will prevent long-term injury and hampers your lifting performance. Just imagine a person who wears a heeled shoe while trying to lift a thousand kilograms. His cushioned and elevated feet, with cramped toe box could not possibly allow him to make proper grip for that much needed balance while lifting a heavy object off the ground.
The downside to improper footwear
You work out to develop your muscles. When you are not geared properly such as cushiony, heeled shoes, chances are, you will not be able to weight lift efficiently. When this happens, there are repercussions to your body as well as to your performance, which you may not have been aware of.
- Without proper grip and balance provided by the kind of minimalist shoes for weightlifting designed by dependable brands in the industry today, you will not be able to properly target the muscles you are trying to develop or work out. This means slow results, which could be frustrating for some people.
- When you workout and your feet that supports your whole weight is not properly encase in a shoe that helps maximize its potential, you are exposing yourself to great danger. You could get permanently disabled when you lift weights without proper technique, which could only be done when you are well-balance and firmly grounded on your feet.
- Wearing traditional shoes which are usually padded will require your feet to spend extra force to help keep your balance. Undue stress to your muscles and ligaments could reduce your performance level and might even cause you permanent damage. Your ligaments and tendons could get sprain or torn due to the exerted effort of lifting heavy weights without proper balance and technique.
Improve your performance by wearing minimalist shoes for weightlifting
Have you ever tried lifting heavy weight barefooted? If you have, you must have observed that your feet are flat on the ground, your toes splayed for a firmer grip and balance. This natural movement of the feet is mimics when you are wearing minimalist shoes for weightlifting. Such shoes have zero-drop from heel to toe, wider toe box that allows your toe freer movement while providing minimal protection from the roughness of the ground with its highly innovative insole and outsole that are usually made from anti-microbial materials. These features allow the feet to “breathe” without accumulating too much moisture that causes odor and discomfort. These types of shoes are neutral enough to be allowed in gyms and it actually readies you should you want to try barefoot running. Just by using minimalist shoes for weightlifting, you will find that you will be able to lift more heavy weights in just a couple of months. Your form is enhanced and your muscles strengthen in no time.
Top picks for barefoot shoes for weightlifting
If you do not own yet any minimalist workout shoes, here is my list for the best minimalist shoes for weightlifting in the market today to choose from, to help you find the most appropriate footwear for you.
- 1. Adidas Power Perfect weightlifting shoe – it has reinforced straps over the laces to give you that snug fit. Its reinforced flat rubble outsole is appropriate to use inside gyms. Its whole structure is geared towards helping weightlifters to enhance their performance and make them stronger.
- 2. Otomix Men’s versa pro trainer sneakers – made of leather that has a futuristic look and possessing all the features that minimalist shoes have.
- 3. VS Hybrid XT – its polyester upper mesh provides comfort to the wearer. A shoe that is suitable for all types of workouts or trainings, it boasts of an elastic speed lace system for easy sliding in and out of the shoe.
- 4. Adidas Adipower Weightlift shoe – another innovate footwear from Adidas that gives the wearer the benefits of minimalist shoes for weightlifting.